Nurse Manager for Cancer Centre
- Job Reference: ocnm
- Date Posted: 21 April 2021
- Recruiter: Staff Nurse Recruitment
- Location: Louth, Ireland
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
A Cancer Support centre in Louth is looking to recruit a Nursing Manager.
* Conduct client consultations as part of the initial engagement process for the purpose of identifying appropriate supports and services suited to the individual.
* Act as group facilitator for support and networking for individuals affected by cancer. This includes the planning and preparation for groups and any follow up as that may be necessary.
* Plan, coordinate and collaborate with professional colleagues to deliver cancer related workshops, programmes and classes suitable to the needs of people affected by cancer.
* Monitor client progress and provide supports and services as needed.
* Record and input all relevant client data onto central system and where relevant, other centre hand written documentation in a timely manner.
Activities Support and Outreach
* Contribute to the development of the Charity policies and procedures.
* To recognise, respect and promote the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the team.
* Communicate to the Board of Trustees insights gained from the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) and the Irish Cancer Society (ICS) Affiliates Networking Groups towards the development of new and innovative programmes relevant to service needs.
* Participate in the formal and informal evaluation of programmes
* Contribute to volunteer induction training and programme development as required
The orientation and provide formal supervision and mentoring to Volunteers as required. Write evaluations and complete other paperwork necessary for the Volunteer Programmes.
* To maintain confidentially at all times.
* Ensure continuous professional development by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
* Perform general tasks and other duties as assigned. Attend meetings and various events as required.
Education and Experience:
* Registered General Nurse with five years recent experience in cancer nursing.
* Be on the active register with Nursing and Midwifery Board Ireland (NMBI) and act in accordance with the NMBI Code of professional conduct.
* Post graduate registration qualification in cancer nursing. (minimum of Post Graduate Diploma level qualification)
Special Knowledge & Skills:
* A sound understanding of the needs of cancer survivors and their families and the challenges they face at all stages of the cancer journey.
* Experience of facilitating support groups.
* Knowledge and aptitude working with Microsoft Office.
Solid organising and planning skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; ability to collaborate with peers and provide constructive feedback to others; results orientation; ability to handle multiple priorities; innovative thinker; initiative; highly ethical; ability to work within a team and motivate others.
* Counselling and/or psychotherapy qualification or willing to work towards same.
* Facilitator for the Cancer; Thrive and Survive Self-Management Programme (CTSMP) or willingness to work towards same.